That Bitch accepts guest posts on sex, sexual health and sexuality from all women and queer folks. That Bitch reserves the right to publish work at http://www.thatbitchzine.com or in any future print editions of the magazine.
Who is the audience?
That Bitch is queer, feminist online community for anyone interested in sex positive sexual health and sexuality education.
What can I write about?
Anything to do with sex, sexual health and sexuality. If it’s entertaining, educational or explores personal or universal concepts, you’ve got our attention. That Bitch is always pro-choice, trans inclusive and sex-positive. Articles and first-person accounts that offer an alternative or interesting way of challenging the dominant public discourse around sexuality and sexual health are very welcome.
- Pieces of writing must be 800 words maximum and include at least one image.
- We encourage first person voices and accounts of personal experiences.
- Please ensure your article argues a clearly defined point or educates or explores a particular theme.
- We like inclusive language.
- If the article contains quotes or information from sources, please ensure these are clearly stated, relevant and appropriate.
- If required, all work must be fact checked by you and we reserve the right to edit pieces for length.
- Above all, writing must be open, honest, easy to understand and engaging!
- Please consider your topic and whether you are the best person to be writing about it.
- All written work must be typed and submitted in the body of an email to email@example.com with headings and byline included, along with any social media handle you would like to add.
- Images must be 300dpi and submitted in jpeg format.
We will not publish writing that is discriminatory, is shaming in any way, or speaks for minority groups the writer is not a part of. Also, no TERFs (trans exclusionary radical feminists), no SWERFs (sex worker exclusionary radical feminists), thanks.
Do you pay contributors?
As this is a volunteer run project, submissions to That Bitch are currently unpaid.
Rest assured, we will do everything possible to champion any writer or artist who gets involved!
Please be patient if it takes a while to get back to you about your submission. We run That Bitch out of love as well as work a day job so responses may take a few weeks.